We're looking for Python Data Engineers (for our client, the company operating in app testing industry) who are proactive and are willing to learn new ways of looking at the code and it's design.
Python Data Engineer - Krakow (PL)
Kraków, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, Poland · Engineering
We build the testing platform used by our customers (Facebook, WhatsApp, Microsoft) and 20,000 professional testers around the world.
Why work with us?
- You’ll be working in a fast feedback and deploy environment
- Deploy multiple times a day to production
- DevOps Environment: Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, Graylog, Sentry, NewRelic, GitHub, Concourse, Slack & JIRA
- You’ll use the latest technology and practices
- Backend: Ruby 2.5, Ruby on Rails 5.1, RSpec, Eslint, Rubocop
- Coding Practices: Static Code Analysis, Code Review, SOLID
- You’ll grow personally and professionally
- Leadership: Mentoring, Personalised development plans, 1:1s
- Team: Friday tech talks, Retrospectives, knowledge sharing
- Quickstart: Bootcamp, Buddy System, First-day release to production.
Compensation & Benefits
- Negotiable salary, but within 15000 – 20000 PLN net a month on a VAT invoice (B2B), depending on your experience and quality of your code
- Paid holidays (all holidays in your country + up to 20 days)
- Permanent contract with a 6 months trial period
What You'll be doing:
- You will design and implement highly scalable data processing software, ideally in Python, RedShift and more. Building solutions to turn billions of data points from our testers into actionable insights.
- We just started working on a new product and You will take a meaningful part in our data science efforts.
- Solving various interesting problems around tester management, tester scoring, semi-automated test execution, spam activity detection (also ML, natural language processing, neural networks down the line if you’re interested)– suggesting technologies that fit the problem at hand
- Designing and implementing new algorithms data process with modular, secure and well-tested code which has a clear separation of responsibility
- You'll work closely with other engineering teams so you can pioneer new technologies
- You'll improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship for less experienced developers, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- Min 3 (4.5 senior devs) years of commercial experience
- Have built highly scalable and robust systems in the past– designing and implementing complex applications (code complexity and data model complexity)
- Experience with defining data pipeline that ingests data. Data migration, transformation and scripting
We don't expect someone to tick every box. We are willing to train the right person who wants to learn.
- General knowledge of Python way & Python universe
- Knows basic Data Science Python tooling (numpy, scikit, pandas)
- Good experience designing data pipelines and various data storage (RDB and NoSQL)
- Good experience with AWS infrastructure (AWS Glue, Redshift, DynamoDB, …)
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates an ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Proactive attitude. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Think outside of the box.
- Focus on delivering and self-management
- Good written and spoken English communication skills (a must)
- Experience with AI (ML, NLP, Neural Networks of various types, Swarm Intelligence, Genetic Algorithms, etc.)
- Any experience in latest ES7, Redux, Elixir, Phoenix
- Any experience with building NodeJS apps (both frontend and server apps)
- Good understanding of how to apply SOLID principles in practice so you can help with training the team
- You can work from a modern office in Kraków in Zabłocie area with table football with partial remote option
- Our dedication to helping you become successful.
- Responsibility and a real say in the future of the company.
- You’ll have a role that will be vital to the company’s growth and every idea you come up with will always be carefully considered
HOW DOES THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS LOOK LIKE?
1. Phone screening
2. Test – we give you some time to send your response
3. Meeting in Krakow office
4. Final decision