We are currently working with a London based client with that is looking to recruit Mid-Level Ruby Back-end Developer’s to join their exciting developing team.
STACK – The Back-end is a solid and modern fundament for delivering users exciting functionality and data. By building solutions and API’s you will become a member of our core team.
You’d be an integral part in the direction and purpose of everything our client does. With your experience you’ll influence the tools we use and the dependencies that their codebase has (or doesn’t have), whilst also helping to guide their roadmap and ingrain our values in our product.
Build platforms, systems and big data infrastructure to help fuel our client’s user growth.
• Collaborate with the engineers, designers and analysts on your team to design and execute experiments.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve their infrastructure, tooling, and process.
• Provide strong technical feedback to other engineers through code reviews, engineering design reviews, and collaborative problem solving sessions.
• Demonstrate a passion for the developer community and person learning and improvement.
• Contribute to design and development efforts.
• Work within a cross-functional team: product, growth, marketing and operation.
Core Skill Requirements
4+ years experience in Ruby and Rails
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Passionate about making high user impact and building the best experience for the user
• Theoretical and practical understanding of OOP, SOLID and CleanCode principles
• Experience using TDD practices
• Fluidity in operating Unix-based systems
• Experience in implementing and integrating with HTTP APIs
• Experience with REST/SOAP APIs
• Experience with microservices architecture
• Good understanding of Messaging Queue Protocols Bonus points if you have
• Pair programming experience
• Ability to coach more junior developers
• Experience in playing Mario Kart
Annual Trips, previous trips include a week in Poland & 4 days in Bristol. Where will we go next?
• Games room, complete with Mario Kart & a ping pong table (if you fancy challenging someone and bringing it out!).
• Apple tech setup (Macbook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac — dependant on role) — along with a desktop screen.
• Events for equality, diversity and inclusion; recent events include Pride month & International Women’s Day.
• Monthly ‘Forced Fun Fridays’
Endless supply of freshly ground coffee.
• A balance of focus and motivation with chill out and fun. Whether that’s a drink in the local, organising an after work run or grabbing something to eat with ‘lunch buddies’ across the business.
If you think this is just the job for you, please send us your CV with details of relevant experience and salary expectations.
Email: [email protected]