This is neither a conventional QA job nor a conventional test automation job. This is a technical, agile test engineering role. In this role, you will develop automated tests, lead exploratory testing sessions, experiment with progressive testing approaches, and work with your development team to design for testability. Members of the test team at Chatham are expected to be technical problem solvers. This is a technical position -- as a member of an agile team, you will be expected to be able to code automated tests and to develop tools to assist with testing and improve efficiencies.
Our four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world’s largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
- Ability to lead the testing function as an embedded member an agile development team.
- Experience with and/or a strong knowledge of software testing practices, especially BDD/acceptance test-driven development. You will be expected to write automated tests while features are being developed. These tests will be part of the delivery pipeline.
- Experience in exploratory testing. By this, we are not using a euphemism for running manual test scripts. If you have to do something repeatedly, automate it. With exploratory testing, we mean thoughtful manual exploring to fill in the gaps of automated testing.
- Experience working with a variety of open-source technologies and tools
Excellent candidates will be well-rounded individuals, with an ability to learn quickly. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters with a passion for developing high-quality software. Accordingly, strong technical and logical thinking skills are essential. Good written and verbal communication skills are required, as developers must interact with other team members in various departments.
- Great development opportunities, including a training budget, trips to partner offices, access to technical training from Pluralsight, 50% tax scheme (50% KUP), and quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product ideas and technology improvements
- Collaborative, low-hierarchical culture in which leadership is gained through influence and character, not a title
- Private healthcare, MultiSport card, in-house English classes, relocation package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
About Chatham and the Kraków office:
- Chatham’s values and purposes: https://www.chathamfinancial.com/about/purpose-values
- Kraków Office LinkedIn Life page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/chatham-financial/life
- A virtual office tour: https://tinyurl.com/yavt2ul8