For the Core Editorial team at Schibsted Tech Polska we're looking for an expert engineer to lead technical processes and projects. ABOUT THE TEAM
We're a self-organizing team that aims to find right problems to solve by running short experiments and adjusting the course of action in quarterly impact mapping sessions.
ABOUT THE JOB
We like to use the Web the way it was designed to be used. We treat HTTP, HTML, CSS and JS as first class citizens.
On the backend we use lightweight stack based on Node.js (80%) and Java/Groovy (20%).
Every developer can deploy code to production at any time with fully automated deployment pipelines.
Your main goal will be to help create and evolve a flexible and fast application suite to process and render news articles for big and small media houses across Scandinavia.
You're a hands-on software architect with experience from front- and back-end development. You want to help us providing people with the superb news reading experience on the Web.
- You're capable of generating new ideas in tech and business and questioning status quo.
- You know how to bring tech and business closer together.
- You're a generalising specialist willing to work with frontend and backend.
- You can look at problems holistically and optimize the entire value stream.
- You're a fan of meritocracy and believe that respect is gained from skills and behavior.
- You can lift people up to your level and help them grow as a mentor, teacher or a pair programming partner.
- You can shape agile work environment beyond textbook Scrum and Kanban practices.
- Microservice architecture with HTTP and queues
- HTML, CSS, JS
- Node.js, Java
- Clean code
- Unix command line
- Continuous Delivery
- Cloud (we mostly use Heroku and some AWS)
We'd appreciate any trace of your activity such as message boards, open source projects, presentations etc.