Computers are your hobby and you cannot imagine life without them. Ideally you also have a soft spot for PC games since your childhood and have fond memories of your (numerous!) sleepless nights playing them in a dark room as a kid. If you are this guy or gal, then GOG.com will feel like home to you ;)
As a Junior Tech Programmer, you will be working with our Tech Team on a wide range of technical tasks, from simple fixes to complex solutions, including those related to the GOG Galaxy project - our truly gamer-friendly, global online gaming platform.
- Fixing games (finding workarounds, troubleshooting, doing research etc.).
- Creating scripts to support the wide array of the Tech Team's tasks and projects.
- Collecting all necessary information required to create a working build.
- Solid programming skills.
- Knowledge about games (old and new), or even better, being ridiculously passionate about them.
- Windows power user.
- Attention to detail (include the word "bug" in your application).
- Solid written & spoken English skills.
- Ability to handle challenges with a pro-active attitude.
- A friendly temperament will not hurt. :)
- Good knowledge of C++/Qt.
- Basic knowledge of Assembler.
- Knowledge of how PC games work and how to make one. :)
- Being familiar with DirectX and/or OpenGL.
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.