GOG.com is looking for a Front-end Developer to enhance our extraordinary team. Join us in creating a beautifully designed, modern website and desktop aplication using all the cutting-edge technologies. This position will allow you to work on many aspects of the GOG Galaxy platform and GOG.com website as well.
- Assuring that millions of GOG Galaxy users will love our site even more and have the best possible customer experience.
- Creating new and maintaining existing components of GOG.com and the GOG Galaxy platform.
- Working closely with designers, back-end developers and desktop developers to iterate and fine tune projects.
- Writing high quality, maintainable code.
- Tuning code for maximum possible performance.
- Knowledge of AngularJS or other MV* library.
- Attention to detail necessary to create pixel perfect templates and user interface.
- Understanding of browser differences and ability to create cross browser solutions.
- Experience with responsive layouts.
- Doing wonders with grunt (or any other js task runner).
- Experience with sass (or other preprocessor language).
- Willingness to constantly learn new techniques and technologies.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience using web technologies to create desktop apps.
- Experience with CoffeeScript, Twig.
- General knowledge of web analytics systems.
- Understanding of PHP.
- Doing some crazy stuff with SVG.
- UI design skills.
- Knowledge of at least some of the buzzwords: OOCSS, SMACSS, BEM, Git, unit tests
- Ability to code html emails which will look good in Outlook.
- Knowledge of performance optimizations techniques.
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.