Job type: Full-time, permanent, based in London and not remotely, no agencies please
Contact: Karolina (karolina at logicspot.com)
Start date: Immediate or as soon as possible
Salary: £25-40k per annum gross depending on experience, 28 days of paid holidays as standard
We are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing web agency based in SW London with some cool clients and great projects. Due to continued success and growth we are on the lookout for talented Frontend Developers to join our team.
About the role
The candidate should have 2+ years commercial experience working as a Frontend Developer, with a focus on high quality and sustainable coding. Having worked with either WordPress or Magento the candidate should have experience of fully responsive theme development. The ideal candidate would have a natural interest in the web, and web technologies, with a flair for aesthetics and design.
Working with the Account/Project Managers and the Development Managers, the candidate will develop themes, templates and prototypes to match the requirements of the client. They will also work closely with Backend Developers to insure that all work is not developed in isolation. Good communication and regular updates are a requirement.
There is an opportunity to 'learn on the job' and improve skills across the board, learning from other experienced developers within the business. Time is also set aside for working on internal projects, and personal improvements.
We'd see the role of the Frontend Developer to eventually grow into Lead role in the business, and have more opportunity to invent and create processes and best practises, as well as become more responsible for the overall business output in terms of frontend development.
We work in English but we do have Polish employees if you struggle a bit in the beginning and need some help (it's normal).
What you will get
If you're successful in your application, you can look forward to being part of a fun, close-knit and hardworking team. As well as a fantastic work environment, we'll give you opportunities for bonuses, access to mentoring and training, team management opportunities and career planning advice.
We will help with relocation, can help find a suitable accomodation and provide temporary accomodation.
Please send your CV, ideally with examples of your work or projects you are proud of.
- 2 years Commercial Experience
- Exceptional HTML 5
- Exceptional CSS3 (including some pre-possessing)
- Fully responsive web application development
- Understanding of best practises for theme development
- Code Optimisation
- Simple and efficient styling and code
- W3C compliant development
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing
- SEO best practice
- Good PHP understanding
- Use of MVC Frameworks and CMS platforms (WordPress & Magento)
- Solid experience implementing PSD compositions as HTML and CSS
- Must be able to work on site (Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time tracking and able to self-manage time
- Use of Version Control (GIT is preferred)
- Full stack setup experience (WAMP, XAMP, LAMP, Vagrant)
- Advanced PHP experience
- Working with jQuery plugins
- Using AJAX for content
- Using LESS or SASS
- Use of bleeding edge technology for better workflow (GULP, Prepros)
- Introduction to UI best practises
- Knowledge of Magento feature set
- Custom theme development
- Magento theme extension
- Magento best practises for Layout XML, and PHTML files
- Understanding of Magento folder structure
- WordPress feature knowledge
- Custom theme development
- Custom plugin development
- Security hardening best practises
- Atlassian products – JIRA, Confluence, HipChat
- Time management
- Client facing experience