We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to enhance our extraordinary team, which is working on the recently announced GOG Galaxy. Join us in building the best online services and desktop features for our sister game-development studio CD PROJEKT RED and other partners. This position will allow you to shape the future of the GOG.com.
- Shape and develop next-gen online services and desktop features, experienced by millions of users every month.
- Work with other engineers to create tasks and schedules.
- Take part in hiring new talent.
- Stay up to date with all emerging new technologies.
- Proficiency in C++ with proven experience.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Experience with creating cross-platform software.
- Deep knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP).
- Client / server architecture experience.
- Knowledge of distributed systems.
- Knowledge of network and server security issues.
- Fluency in spoken / written English.
- Knowledge of as many of the following as possible: multiplayer services in games, NAT busting, code optimization, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP.
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.).
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Experience with OAuth 2.0.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A competitive salary and a great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- A relocation package, should you need one, as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- A gamer's paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- Chosen GOG.com games for free.
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.