Betsson Group offers online gaming products to customers and partners all over the world and we aim to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. We are a dynamic and creative company with over 1000 passionate employees and consultants of almost 40 different nationalities. Most of us work in the operational Head Office in Malta but we also have other offices around the world, for example in Stockholm, Kiev, Tallinn and Gibraltar. Betsson Group has its roots in Sweden and Betsson AB (Betsson Group's holding company) is quoted on the Swedish Stock Exchange. The Mediterranean island of Malta offers a relaxed life-style, with more than 300 sunny days a year and the best diving experience in Europe.
Who are you?
- You are an exceptional developer with an aptitude for new technologies who loves to push the boundaries to solve real business problems
- You will have previous Big Data experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large-scale problems.
- You will have a good understanding of distributed systems and experience in using open source frameworks
- You have agility to learn new technologies quickly.
- You have the ability to develop and leverage key partnerships and communicate very effectively.
- You display initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills.
- Minimum of a B.S. in computer science, mathematics, and equivalent work experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Experience of working as part of a close-knit team performing analysis, design and development tasks on multiple platforms
- At least 2-3 years commercial big data experience designing and building solutions based on the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, Hive and Pig)
- Experience of traditional data warehouse systems and RDBMS, ideally in a SQL Server environment.
- A solid understanding of software design and best practices with working knowledge of an OOP language, ideally Java
- Experience of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data (e.g. Sqoop, Flume)
- Experience with distributed stream processing frameworks
- Experience of Linux scripting
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience with a range of NoSQL databases (e.g. HBase, MongoDB, Casandra)
- Understanding of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services
- Want to take part in building our Dream Team?
Since we will be interviewing candidates continuously, do send your application as soon as possible to be included in the recruitment process.