Working within one of our software development teams and reporting to a Software Development Team Lead, the chosen candidate will be in charge of developing front-end components for new and existing web based systems using a combination of HTML, CSS and JS technologies and integrating to a Java or Grails backend. Responsibilities
· Analyse, design and develop front end components for platform solutions in the e-commerce and BI realm
· Review staging and production environments client side performance and pro-actively improve it
· Ensure web development follows responsive paradigm
· Provide technical input on decisions
· Work with developers on a daily basis in order to implement best practices
· Mentor junior web developers and organise training sessions
As a Senior Web Application Developer, you are expected to have a passion for programming, are willing to learn new technologies and techniques, take pride in delivering elegant solutions and strive for excellence yet are capable of maintaining strict deadlines.
You are a self-motivated and results-oriented developer who can produce high quality code and are keen to collaborate with designers, architects and a team of highly talented developers.
· Experience with front-end template engines
· Excellent knowledge of responsive web development and progressive enhancement
· Experience in development of high-volume / high-availability web applications
· Working knowledge of building web pages for mobile devices.
· Working knowledge of backend web server technologies such as tomcat, httpd, Java, Groovy and Perl.
· Experience working with enterprise level tools such as source control and continuous integration servers
· Possess accredited relevant qualifications in software development and web based programming.
· Experience with light weight web servers such as Node.js
· Knowledge of Spring MVC, Maven and Hibernate