Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you enjoy working in an international environment? We're looking for someone like that who will:
– be responsible for designing, developing, delivering and supporting systems used by the O'Connor fund (primarily in the investment decision support capacity)
– work on various parts of a mature platform featuring several distinct applications
– develop, enhance and extend proprietary software applications
– participate in all phases of software development life cycle from initial requirements to implementation and final quality assurance
– work with Project Manager, Business Analyst and development team members to develop solutions which address business needs
– collaborate with developers in the same team and other teams to achieve development goal
You'll be working with a small, cross functional team collocated in Chicago and Wroclaw working in an agile fashion to deliver on-going enhancements and refinements to the O'Connor platform that consists of 3 applications:
– Swan is a tool available to all Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts on the O'Connor single manager platform. It provides the ability to perform various types of analysis on historical P/L and risk data such as performance attribution and market correlation
– Cyrus is a cross-platform, real-time decision support system for Risk and P/L. It contains a set of reporting engines and data that allows custom reports to be built for specific businesses and individuals.
– Antibody is a historical P/L archive of a fund's books and records P/L. Antibody also receives real-time position and price updates from the Cyrus application. Antibody has a web based front end that displays both the historical P/L data, as well as the real time flash P/L in various different screens
Once you join our team, you will travel to meet your team mates in Chicago.
Technology Stack: Swing, Sybase, Oracle, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate
Your experience and skills
– comprehensive expertise in core Java programming (preferably 3+ years of hands on experience)
– Swing / GUI development experience
– experience with databases (preferably Sybase or Oracle)
– experience in running and supporting server side code on a Linux/Unix platform (i.e. shell scripting, Perl, etc.)
– experience in the whole SLDC including unit testing and TDD
– understanding of Agile software development methodologies
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– ability to deal with key stakeholders (ideally in a trading environment)
– experience with Sprig or Hibernate (it would be a plus)
– a pioneer of emerging code and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Take the next step
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.