- Performs architecture design of the services and shared component framework that hosts a set of components, as well as the functional and foundational services of the Avid Everywhere Platform using an API and event-driven methodology.
- Translates product, business and design into architectural requirements to evolve the core platform architecture, as well as its use to meet platform, product and workflow goals.
- Formulates object models and API design and provide comprehensive documents.
- Drives innovation into successful productization with proof of concepts and technological reviews and assessments.
- Works directly with and in Engineering scrum teams for design tasks and ensure alignment with architectural decisions.
- Interacts with senior level industry and customer leaders to drive the adoption of best practices and innovations.
- Work for one of the most recognized brands in the movie and broadcast business.
- Competitive salary along with bonuses like private medical insurance, life insurance, sport package subsidies.
- A chance to evolve your technical and/or leadership skills.
- Stable employment.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- 12+ experience in distributed software architecture, design and development, with at least 5 years in cloud- or micro-services based architecture.
- Experience in all phases of software development including architecture, design, implementation, testing and maintenance/support of large-scale applications.
- Quality knowledge in a variety of distributed technologies, micro-service architectures, security, DevOps, deployment models for on-premise, hosted and in the cloud.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of data persistence including NoSQL and relational databases.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and scaling of message-based architectures, e.g. RabbitMQ, AMQP, etc.
- Familiarity with open source tools fir implementation, deployment, configuration and data mining, e.g. Chef, Ansible, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®.