You will be part of the Portal team that executes full lifecycle development of a large-scale multi-tier web application: requirements analysis, application design, implementation and deployment to customer-facing production.
About the Team
Luna Control Center is Akamai's main portal. It is the critical system that all of our customers interact with to gather traffic analytics, manage configurations, fetch training and support materials and view their bills. The Portal Systems group is responsible for the software infrastructure and technical evolution of Luna Control Center. Development engineers in the Portal team execute full lifecycle development of a large-scale multi-tier web application: requirements analysis, application design, implementation and deployment to customer-facing production. We develop primarily in Java, and Java Script, HTML, CSS.
* Lead a Krakow-based team of at least two other to develop a new application
* Design and develop UI of the new web applications
* Design and develop front-end infrastructure components
* Assist in managing changes to existing customer applications
* Develop new features and applications to dramatically enhance our customer experience and make our portal a best in its class platform in terms of performance, availability
* Maintain and support existing applications and services.
* Design and implement powerful yet easy to use solutions
* M.Sc. or B.Sc. in computer science, computer engineering or related equivalent degree
* 5+ years developing customer-facing web applications using HTML, CSS, JS
* Experience teaching or mentoring other engineers
* Experience with AngularJS framework
* Experience in working with teams in other locations
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies and best practices
* Technical expertise working with UNIX/Linux environment
* Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic, team environment.
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Fluency in English
* Expertise in design principles and software design patterns
* Expertise and experience in putting into practice responsive web design patterns
* Experience with Web Services (e.g. REST, SOAP)
* Understanding of performance issues related to web development
* Ability to write test cases and understanding of testing frameworks Desired Qualifications
* Experience leading teams of two or more people
* Experience working with remote teams
* Experience with a modern front-end application frameworks
* Experience with User Experience and/or User Interface design techniques and best practices
* Experience with use of REST principles and patterns