• Committed to providing quality work?
• Looking for an environment that truly believes in pair programming and cross skilling?
If so, please read on!
About you & your role;
We're looking for an Agile / Scrum Test Analyst with strong software testing experience. You'll have proven ability in developing and maintaining automated regression tests using a programming language like C#, Java, Python, Perl or Ruby gained within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Automated testing is only part of the role. You'll also be doing a lot of manual exploratory testing. In addition, you will work hard to eliminate bugs before they are ever created – by contributing very actively in the planning stages. You will ensure that the User Stories accepted into the sprints have complete acceptance criteria, are testable, and indeed that any important requirements are not forgotten (e.g. error scenarios, security, and non-functional requirements).
You will have the opportunity to get involved in programming tasks if you so choose, or to help out with the business analysis. We believe that quality is the responsibility of everyone on the team. Your role is to bring testing experience to the team and to help other team members write good quality automated tests.
This role is specifically to provide support for our Skynet team. Skynet develop and run a system called ATSi that is able to automatically fill out Job Applications on behalf of a Jobseeker. There will be a lot of API level testing. As the test analyst you will be creating and maintaining a large suite automated checks to ensure the continuing success of our implementation of the ATSi product.
WymaganiaYou'll have as much experience in the below as possible;
• Experience testing web / internet applications
• Experience hand crafting automated regression tests using a programming language (not record / playback)
• Experience working on an Agile / Scrum team
• Experience analysing user stories for their testing requirements both functional and non-functional
• Experience with developing and maintaining automated regression tests
• Ability to isolate causes for hard to reproduce bugs
• Proactive in checking, understanding and planning work, requires minimal guidance
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Ability to influence and persuade other team members
- Very good command of English is a must
• Experience contributing to the test strategy
• Experience developing and extending an automation test harness
• Experience using scripting or programming languages
• Experience in Java, Git, JUnit / NUnit, Selenium WebDriver, RestSharp, WebInject
• Experience in creating automated test frameworks
Our Test Strategy going forward for all new development is to have four levels of automated testing – Unit Tests (TDD), Acceptance Tests, End to End regression tests and Smoke Tests (Canary Pages).
As part of the application process you will need to demonstrate your ability to write your own automated test scripts (we'll give you the test cases) using a programming language of your choice. The use of a record and playback tool won't be accepted. You will also need to demonstrate strong analytical skills.