As part of our engineering team in Szczecin, Poland, you will participate in our SCRUM driven software engineering team. You should be able to: • Understand the complex interactions of an existing client / server application.
• Create and execute detailed implementation plans with well-defined milestones.
• Implement products based on service oriented architectures (SOA).
• Coordinate and clearly communicate within the team and our pairing engineering teams in Germany, USA, Ukraine and Poland.
• Proactively remove development obstacles and prioritize your tasks.
• Work for one of the most recognized brands in the movie and broadcast business.
• Competitive salary along with bonuses like private medical insurance, life insurance, sport package subsidies.
• Internal training package.
• A chance to evolve your technical and/or leadership skills.
• Stable employment.
• Strong design and implementation skills in Java.
• Experience writing UnitTests.
• Strong experience in multithreading / concurrency.
• Experience in UI development with focus on usability and user experience.
• A proven track record to work independently, though collaboratively and a willingness to learn.
• Fluency in English (both spoken and written) and the ability to communicate efficiently in English via both phone and e-mail is a must.
Nice to have:
• Experience designing, implementing and using REST APIs
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience in agile development (SCRUM)
• Experience using XML, XSD and JSON
• Experience in usage of OSGi
• Technical experience with media and experience in the media industry