Do you have survey geospatial know-how? Are you able to manage projects efficiently? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Perform data discovery – finding new data sources based on guidance from Evidence Lab Geospatial team
– Design aspects of geospatial-based projects including delivery of plans and dates
– Manage projects with a team of data analysis around the harvest and preparation of geospatial data including, tough not limited to, address data, satellite imagery, pictometry and other aerial-based data sets, spatial files (both vector and raster based) and climate data
– Deliver prepared data sets to Evidence Geospatial team
– Provide constant communication on the progress
You'll be working in the UBS Research Team in Zabierzow (Kraków Business Park) who are in the process of building a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this project is the ability to systematically gather, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data about the companies and markets that we do research on. We are looking for talented and experienced business analysts to work closely with the Evidence Lab geospatial team with core responsibility focused around data discovery, acquisition and preparation of geospatial based data sets including satellite data and other aerial pictometry, climate data and location sets.
Your experience and skills
– 3-5 years of experience in a research role (understanding of geospatial theories and technologies is
a nice to have)
– experience in and willingness to perform data cleansing
– experience with a very wide array of data sets and industry exposure
– ability to design a research project and lead/delegate responsibilities in the process of data harvest and preparation (ESRI or other GIS software experience would be an asset)
– high degree of intellectual curiosity that leads to discovery of new or innovative data sources
– very good communication skills (ability to transfer ways to measure accuracy and efficiency)
– able to execute around tight deadlines
– passionate and adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– fluent in English (knowledge of any other foreign language/s would be an asset)
– proficient in the Microsoft office suite (strong technical data skills, including knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access and charting skills)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the background support. That's what we do. And we do it for private clients, institutions and corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now.