Akamai is seeking dedicated Embedded Software Engineers to join our small development team responsible for developing software that runs on our white-box networking platforms. This hardware is destined for our growing cloud optimization platform consisting of over 200,000 servers in 120 countries within over 1,000 networks and carries a large proportion of the world's web traffic About the Team:
Our Network Software Engineering team is responsible for developing the software that runs our next generation white-box networking platforms that are used throughout the Akamai Platform. The team is globally distributed between the USA and Poland, and closely collaborates with our SDN development team in Israel.
* Responsible for the embedded software that runs on Akamai's white-box networking platforms.
* Initial bring-up of new hardware platforms utilizing board support packages.
* Coordinate software releases with QA team.
* Developing, and porting software to systems based on commodity network ASICs.
* Handle escalations from Network Operations due to software faults.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
* 2+ years of experience with layer 2 networking protocols such as STP, LACP, LLDP, TRILL.
* Proficient in both coding and debugging C and C++.
* Excellent English skills, both verbal and written.
* Detail oriented with strong communication and organizational skills.
* Direct experience developing for Broadcom based switching chipsets/SDK; initial turn-up and porting of code to these platforms.
* Embedded Linux/vxWorks and/or other RTOS development experience.
* Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or TCL strongly desired.
* Familiarity with SDN concepts such as OpenFlow; Internet protocols such as BGP, HTTP.
* Self-motivated with demonstrated skill in developing major software projects in small group environments.
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182)."