Client Decrition: Cost Engineering is involved in determing the investment costs for a wide range of technical (industrial) projects. Especially now, in the middle of an economic recession, companies want to be sure which investments should be made and if projects will eventually be profitable. Cost Engineering works for various industries, such as petrochemical, offshore and government, both national and international. For this purpose we develop software that has to meet the latest technological developments. With a young team of passionate professionals we try to achieve the best results for our clients.
Rotterdam / Netherlands
- You will be primarily responsible for the development of technically advanced software. You will work in a team together with other disciplines, such as Cost Engineers, Java Engineers and Test Engineers.
- A true passion for software engineering.
- A university degree in Computer Science is a must.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in software engineering on various projects.
- Knowledge of multiple languages, such as Java and SQL
- Extensive experience with databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle).
- Extensive experience with Java persistance frameworks (OpenJPA, preferably with JDO/Kodo), implemented for new projects.
- Good knowledge of OOP, UML and Design Patterns.
- A passion for algorithms and datastructures.
- Skills to improve software performance.
- Experience with the implementation of webservicesIn addition, the following skills and knowledge is preferred: J2EE, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS- XML, CSS/HTML.
- Software development tools, such as Eclipse, JUnit, Cloud Development, Agile/Scrum/Lean, Android, 3D, Automated Builds design with quality tooling, Subversion/Git, Ant/Maven.
- A good salary (and a pleasant working environment with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Permanent position (Duth labour law).