The candidate will be part of the Video Engine engineering team that develops and maintains solutions for live-to-air video playout solutions for Broadcasters. These solutions are deployed and in use worldwide for 24x7 operations. A system of this complexity demands quality processes, controls, and testing capability to be designed and applied throughout the product development lifecycle. Employee will play a key role in the testing and qualification of the live-to-air broadcast products. The purpose of this recruitment is to find a highly qualified software quality assurance engineer who possesses quality assurance engineering aptitudes and skills to work closely with developers during the requirements, design, construction, and test phase of development. Candidate will work on creating test plans, test cases, and where applicable develop automated tests to qualify software features and system behavior.
- Assisting developers in current development tests (manual and automated)
- Building automated tests to provide long-term quality assurance (eg. in Python, Ruby, Java, AutoIT etc.)
- Build and maintain testing environment, consisting of both: hardware and software components.
- Prepare internal documentation and manuals for Engineering and Support teams (in English)
- Work with Customer support to reproduce bugs reported from the field.
- Participate in development process using a SCRUM methodology as scrum team member.
Additional abilities (nice to have):
- Education in Computer science, Electronics or related field
- IT skills with good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Basic skills in scripting and/or programming
- Experience in software testing, especially in building automated software testing environment
- Good knowledge of computer graphics or video editing
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Manual skills regarding hardware assembling
- Readiness to learn new technologies
- Readiness to travel occasionally
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience in Broadcasting industry
- Experience in professional video editing and/or graphics creation
- Experience with SCRUM
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 14 Emmys®.