- Develop and maintain highly available, scalable web services that power the GOG Galaxy platform used by millions of gamers.
- Implement and own major features.
- Cooperate with other departments on all aspects of the project (features, design, UX).
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Work on new projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies.
- 4+ years in web development.
- Mastery in SOLID OOP PHP5.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment process (git, git-flow, CI).
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best websites on the Internet.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and scale a complete system experienced by millions of users.
- Experience in working with the Symfony2 framework in a production environment.
- Experience with performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, OAuth2).
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache).
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.