Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you know how to juggle multiple projects effectively? We're looking for someone like that who can:
• design solutions for application delivery services underpinned by Citrix technologies including XenApp and XenDesktop
• ensure our solutions are robust, resilient, scalable and meet the requirements of our end users
• architect Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions with Windows 7 and Windows 10
• write technical standards to support all integrated products
• perform root cause analysis on incident and problem tickets (4th level)
• liaise with vendors to resolve problems
• analyze application performance
• be responsible for the configuration of software within our configuration management systems
• design solutions to fill any gaps in vendor products
You'll be working in the EUS Engineering Citrix Engineering team in Wroclaw.
Our role is to architect, design and implement Citrix Application and Desktop Delivery technologies into the UBS Citrix based services that is used by all of the UBS employees worldwide. The team is the group that 'writes the manual' not reads the manual and is responsible for the configuration, security and maintenance of the Citrix software underpinning the Citrix based services.
Your experience and skills
• strong understanding of Windows operating system and architecture including Windows 7 and 2008 R2 onwards, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop and Microsoft SQL server
• an ability to architect Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host soltions on Windows Server 2008 R2 onwards
• experience engineering global multi-site Citrix XenApp 6.x/7.x and XenDesktop 5.x/7.x products including the Receiver, Desktop & Server VDA, StoreFront, Director, DDC, PVS and HDX Policies
• experience with hypervisors from Microsoft and VMware and can automate frequently performed operations in both environments
• the ability to perform Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management with clear examples based on experience
• experience of programming concepts and scripting skills for automating administrative tasks
• knowledge of Windows stability and associated troubleshooting techniques (SysInternals tools, GPO Tools, etc)
• ITIL v3 know-how
• analytical and logical
• fluent in English, both written and spoken
• self-motiviated with ability to work individually and as part of a team
• collaborative nature; willing to share ideas, debate solutions and achieve consensus
• patient with a desire to drive the service forward and make a difference
• able to manage time, provide regular status updates and meet firm deadlines
What we offerTogether. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return.
Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us.
Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers