Job Details Job title: Full Stack Developer
Position: Any form of employment
Reports to: Technical Director
Place of work: Łódź, Warsaw or remote work
About the Company
We're Andrew Lucas London and we make technology for millionaires. We design and build bespoke technology solutions for the most discerning clients in the world. By embracing the very latest innovations and blending them with iconic design and the skills of master craftsmen, we produce technology installations of unsurpassed pedigree.
We can't tell you who our clients are, who we collaborate with or where our projects are based. What we can tell you is that we work with technology that you can't buy in the shops. We run projects all over the world and get to meet leading architects, artists and designers. We win awards and drink champagne. If it sounds exciting, that's because it is!
We are now looking for a creative Full Stack Software developer to join our newly created Special Projects Team. We're on the brink of embarking on an exciting new project centred heavily around innovative mobile software design and cloud systems, and we need talented people to help us make it a reality.
With your technical expertise you will manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will be involved in every step of the creative process: design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Make no mistake, this role will be challenging but rewarding. We're looking to really push the boundaries of what's been done with Smart Homes in the past, so bring your A game!
We'll need to see some proven examples of outstanding work too – your portfolio is required along with your application.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
• Design, build and integrate data storage solutions (both relational and non-relational databases)
• Design, build and integrate user-facing elements
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Consult and assist with overall application architecture design
• Help maintain code quality, organization and documentation
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
• Maintain total confidentiality relating to information transmitted to and from the company
• At least 2 years of commercial experience with Ruby on Rails
• Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
• Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as LESS and Sass
• Familiarity with concepts of MVC, REST and JSON
• A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
• Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically Git
• Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery
• Good understanding of DevOps principles and practices
• Familiarity with Agile (SCRUM) project management practices
• Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of products (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, etc)
• Any experience with AWS products (OpsWorks, IoT, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, etc) is favourable
• An excellent communicator – must be comfortable liaising with multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally
• Impeccable manners, efficient and well-organised
• Ability to 'think outside the box'
Remuneration & Benefits
• Salary: 5,000PLN – 10,000PLN (based on experience);
• An opportunity for growth into management;
• 30 days holidays per year;
• Professional Training;
• Fridge always full of drinks;
• Company mobile phone, laptop and/or iPad – depending on the needs;
• Staff discounts on equipment sold by the Company;
• Work in a dynamic and vibrant environment;
If you feel you are the right candidate please send your CV, covering letter and your portfolio to:
[email protected] stating the role name in the subject.
Ready to do something unique?