Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate?
You'll be working in the Global Collateral and Margin Management IT team in Group Operations IT. We are a distributed team of 100 professionals in 5 locations around the globe. IT Infrastructure which we develop responds to the changing needs of Group Operations within the bank as well as various requirements of market regulators. It is a project that spans subjects such as efficient data loading, various risk calculations and a good user experience in UI. We are highly independent and capable in Agile Process and Lean Software Engineering practices. Everyone feels responsible for the system and has full say in its future direction. We embody the Software Craftsmanship philosophies in our practices. To this effect we are great believers in XP practices and have used them to great effect in building a system that has quality and "value to customer" at its heart.
The role is located in the UBS office in Krakow (Green Office).
WymaganiaWe're looking for someone like that to help us: • build the application in Agile environment as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• apply best development practices and effectively utilize technologies
• assure code quality and adherence to coding standards
• apply XP practices such as TDD, pair programming and Continuous Integration
Your experience and skills You have:
• comprehensive expertise in Java programming
• large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
• experience with the same or equivalent technologies: Maven, Hibernate, Spring (Core, AOP, Integration, MVC, Security, Batch), REST, Groovy, JSF 2, Tomcat, Gigaspaces, Sybase, Teamcity, Sonar
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
• a pioneer of emerging code and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• fluent in English