Our team in Warsaw plays a crucial role in Viacom's global engineering organization. We build highly efficient, advanced systems which are used by millions of users all over the world. Currently we are looking for a rock solid Software Architect - Database Modeler. We need someone with at least eight years of experience who not only has hands-on experience, but will also provide technical expertise and serve as a resource and standards setter.
Software Architect - Database Modeler
As a Software Architect - Database Modeler you will be responsible for designing databases and providing expertise and guidance. You will improve knowledge of key technical areas, including some of JVM Languages (Java, Scala), (D)VCS (git) and SQL/NOSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB). You will define and implement processes related to the software development lifecycle, including style guidelines, code reviews, testing practices, build process, delivery and deployment. Your responsibilities will be also guiding and mentoring engineers, estimating development tasks and writing code when required. Producing and maintaining technical documentation will be also a part of your duties.
If you have:
• 8+ years of relevant professional experience plus a Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor's degree
• Strong experience in designing databases and in implementing data driven systems
• Great understanding of trade-offs between traditional RDBMSs and NOSQL data stores
• Expert knowledge of JSE 6+, OOP and design patterns
• Working knowledge of various open source Java APIs (e.g. Apache Commons)
• Experience with various web servers (e.g. Apache HTTPd, NGINX, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss) and ability to point to the right one for the particular job
• High comfort in working in Unix/ Linux environment and scripting languages
• Commitment to principles of continuous integration/ delivery/ deployment
• Excellent communication skills
• Very good English language skills (verbal and written)
• Proficiency in a programming language other than Java or Scala would be an advantage
What makes us special?
- We are working on projects targeting large international communities, mainly using modern development (Java 8, Scala) and deployment (AWS, Docker) technologies
- We do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and Paramount
- Our great benefits package: private health care, fitness card, in house compensatory English lessons, team building events, fun zones in the office, parking space, facilities for cyclists, activities within the Social Fund
- We offer competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development