Akamai's Web Experience Business Unit is seeking a QA engineer to automate and perform the testing of an important new product capability. This person will be a part of a new QA team in Akamai's Krakow office helping to deliver high quality software.
The new product capability will enable customers to see the value Akamai brings to their web presences every day, by:
- Collecting and analyzing performance metrics, characteristics, and signatures of customers' Internet traffic.
- Creating powerful, intuitive visualizations of customer data.
- Building an automated framework where Akamai can diagnose and recommend improvements to customer configurations.
The expected technologies in support of this vision will include Web services, advanced User Interfaces and Big Data Systems.
This position represents a unique opportunity for the right person to make a big impact on Akamai and its customers. In turn, we're looking for someone equally unique – someone with exceptional technical skills and experience building automation frameworks, a passion for delivering, and a solid track record of success on major efforts to prove it.
About the Web Experience Business Unit
The Web Experience Business Unit builds the core technologies that underpin the fastest, most scalable web sites around the world. Our customers include sophisticated, world-leading organizations across all industry verticals, such as Airbus, Audi, Hilton, IBM, L'Oréal, Puma, Qantas Airways, Rakuten, SAP and Siemens
Wymagania i obowiązki
- Work closely with developers to create comprehensive test plans using the developer's design spec. or bug description
- Design, develop and deploy manual or automated tests to replicate real world scenarios and find bugs
- Pair with developers to isolate root causes of the bugs
- Analyze technical aspect of software requirements together with other engineers to improve them and identify risks
- Work in tandem with other engineers to build advanced automated frameworks to deliver and exercise our world-class applications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- In-born skills of breaking things.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies (RESTful web services, HTTP proxies), protocols (HTTP, HTTS), web servers and databases (SQL).
- Experience in testing on different levels (black-box, white-box and gray-box, UI and backend).
- Programming skills (at least in a scripting language)