As an Unix System Administrator, you will join the Wroclaw Unix team responsible for operations of UBS's regional and global Unix environment.
• Leading and participating in infrastructure projects
• Providing Third Level Support for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux distributed server environment liaising with regional and global counterparts
• Understanding business priorities; adequately prioritizing work to meet business objectives
• Driving for improvements and implementing them in regional or global scale
• Communicating and collaborating with other internal partners for designing, planning and coordinating implementation to ensure work is completed in a timely manner
• Writing technical documentations for related infrastructure and installs which will include, but not limited to, the following technologies:
- Clustering, Filesystem, Volume Manager, Disksuite, ZFS, RHCS
- OS: redhat Linux, Oracle Solaris, Solaris Zones, VMWare,
- HW: Sun Fire and enterprise product line, Fujitsu Prime power series, HP DL servers, IBM Blades and SAN/NAS storage
• Contributing in on call service
• Participating in weekend and on calls
The role is located in the UBS office in Wroclaw.
Your experience and skills
• At least 5 years experience in supporting UNIX based distributed computing environment with large number of servers
• Prior industry experience is not mandatory, though will be considered favourably
• Very good written and spoken English
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Solid understanding of UNIX-based operating systems both Redhat Linux and Solaris 8/10
• Ability to write scripts in administrative languages (Perl, Bash, python etc.)
Skills with some (at least 2) of the following products are mandatory:
• Veritas foundation suite
• Veritas Cluster Server
• Redhat Linux Cluster Server
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/ distributed computing and storage environment concepts and technologies – LAN, WAN, routing protocols, NFS, DNS, NIS, LDAP, SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel, etc.
• General knowledge of virtualisation technologies, such as VMware
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce