- work as 3rd level of support for the Oracle environment in Switzerland and globally
- work in a local and global team of Database Administrators
- work closely together with other Distributed Systems teams (e.g. Unix) and business streams as required
- undertake scheduled on-call service.
You'll be working in the Service Operations team in Wroclaw. Our role is to ensure uninterrupted IT service delivery to all lines of business in the Firm. Our aim is to have 90000+ satisfied customers who can enjoy modern, cutting edge technologies. You will perform some of the task during on call duties and / or weekends to perform critical systems fixes and updates.
Your experience and skills
You are able to:
- prioritize your own workload and work with minimal supervision
- prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
- communicate and collaborate with internal and external global partners
- develop relationships with global teams
- create technical documentation
- minimum of 5 years overall work with Oracle, 3 of which were in a production support environment
- solid work experience as a senior Oracle specialist, up to and including Oracle version 11G
- proficiency with Oracle DBA tasks as well as with SQL commands to a high level
- good knowledge of UNIX commands and utilities for Oracle RAC
- minimum 1 year working with a large Financial Organization
- absolute confidence in obtaining and providing sound advice for customers and colleagues
- very strong inter-personal and communication skills and used to be dealing in a demanding client facing role
- fluent English is a must, conversational German would be beneficial.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.