– provide day-day delivery oversight for web harvesting projects
– project manage including requirements gathering, task prioritization and running status reports
– provide recommendations for technical strategies and solutions
– manage daily tasks of web scraping team including assisting in technical troubleshooting
– liaise with New York based project owners, data managers and technical managers
You'll be working in the UBS Research Team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park) who are in the process of building a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this capability is the ability to systematically gather, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data about the companies and markets that we do research on. As the lead developer you will play a key role in managing a team of developers in the field of big-data web harvesting. You and your team will work on next generation web harvesting techniques (e.g. generic web harvesting, NLP based web harvesting, statistically based data analysis, etc.) in collaboration with regional Evidence Lab and Research teams to launch new primary research data gathering and analysis solutions. You will be responsible for managing local work assignments, architectural design and working in partnership with UBS technology teams on new R&D efforts.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in Computer Science, CIS / MIS, or related engineering or technical fields
– 3+ years managing a technical team or project (Agile/Scrum or similar approaches to project management preferred)
– 4+ years web development experience (preferred experience in web scraping/SEO/Search/Analytics related projects)
– 3+ years database experience (data modelling experience would be an asset)
– detailed knowledge of Browser-Web Server interaction including DNS, HTTP, SSL, GET vs POST
– proven experience making business and technical decisions affecting project timelines
– an excellent communicator, with the ability to present technical subjects effectively and concisely (consulting or client facing experience would be of added value)
– incredibly organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize (experience creating or managing knowledge management applications would be an asset)
– able to think outside of the box and solve abstract, ill-defined problems
– able to lead others as part of a team structure and propose and implement new solutions or ideas
fluent in English
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
As a great leader you inspire others to follow our strategy and live our culture. You take ownership of your tasks and deliver what you promise. Everything you do starts and ends with your clients in mind. Want to become part of our team? Apply now.