We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to enhance our extraordinary team, which is working on the recently announced GOG Galaxy. Join us in building the best online services and desktop features for our sister game-development studio CD PROJEKT RED and other partners. This position will allow you to shape the future of GOG.com.
- Shape and develop ambitious features for GOG Galaxy, combining networking, gameplay and community, experienced by millions of gamers.
- Implement key features in GOG Galaxy SDK.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM methodology.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Practical C++ & Python knowledge.
- Knowledge of Client / Server architecture.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Ability to talk about as many of these as possible: multiplayer services in games, network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP), NAT busting, code optimization, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP.
- Familiarity with software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.).
- Experience with creating cross-platform software.
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher, the video game series adapted from Andrzej Sapkowski's books), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of over 100 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.