We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to enhance our extraordinary team, which is working on the recently announced GOG Galaxy. Join us in building the best online services and desktop features for our sister game-development studio CD PROJEKT RED and other partners. This position will allow you to shape the future of GOG.com.
- Shape and develop ambitious features for GOG Galaxy, combining networking, gameplay and community, experienced by millions of gamers.
- Implement key features in GOG Galaxy SDK.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM methodology.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Practical C++ & Python knowledge.
- Knowledge of Client / Server architecture.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
- Ability to talk about as many of these as possible: multiplayer services in games, network protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP), NAT busting, code optimization, low level network tools and diagnosis, VoIP.
- Familiarity with software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.).
- Experience with creating cross-platform software.
At GOG.com we combine work with passion for gaming to offer our customers the greatest selection of PC, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, always DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support.
But GOG.com is more than just a place to buy games. In addition to nearly a thousand games and never-ending promotions, we're building GOG.com Galaxy: a truly gamer-friendly online gaming platform, to offer our community online multiplayer, convenient game updating and the option to stay in touch with friends.
What makes us stand out is that we listen and react to our communities' suggestions and we're determined to keep working towards our goal of bringing all that is good in gaming to everyone.
you think that you are the one, please submit your CV in English and code samples here
and tell us why you think you are the best candidate out there!
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."