EDC Avionics team was established in 2013 and right now there is more than 60 software and systems engineers who are working on the electronic systems for the aircrafts. We are proud to develop our products for the leading airframers. EDC Avionics team is taking part in development of landing gear control systems for the new Boeing 787-10. Engineers also work on data concentrators network for Gulfstream business jets. Apart from that the work is also performed for Airbus and many other aircraft manufacturers.EDC Avionics team is also involved in the projects that are developed by Warsaw Institute of Aviation. Research and development activities are related to the innovative projects that the Institute is working on.
The group consists mostly of the software, systems and hardware engineers, who are keen to develop embedded systems for the very demanding aviation industry. Apart from the widely known and used programming languages like Assembler, C/C++, there are also those that are designed for the safety critical devices software like Ada. There are also techniques that involve usage of Model Based development (Matlab, Simulink / SCADE), formal methods.
Due to dynamic growth we are looking for the position of Embedded Software Lead Engineer
As an Embedded Software Lead Engineer
you will be responsible for the design and development of real-time embedded software within an integrated team environment. You will demonstrate independence and sound technical judgment identify problems and formulate solutions. You will take an innovative approach to problem-solving and share technical knowledge with others in the group, team and across the organisation
- Execute the requirements, design, implementation and verification of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures and product / program requirements
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience designing and implementing embedded software
- Experience of software design lifecycle within embedded systems (safety critical system will be advantage)
- Experience of C, C++, Assembler or Ada will be advantage
- Experience in being a technical leader of the project / Experience in leading a group of engineers
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Good oral and written communication skills both in Polish and English
- Good problem solving and solution building skills
- Demonstrable success achieving and exceeding internal and external customer milestones
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B / EUROCAE ED-12B or similar rigorous development standard
- Experience of target hardware like ARM, PowerPC, Coldfire, PIC Microcontroller, AVR, digital signals processors
- Experience with real-time operating systems (QNX, RTOS)
About EDC « EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created in April 2000 under an agreement between General Electric Aircraft Engines and the Institute of Aviation. EDC is one of several global GE establishments located outside the United States and cooperates with such GE businesses as GE Aviation, GE Energy, GE Oil&Gas and GE Rail.
General Electric is currently shifting its focus to digital technologies and the conversion is also visible at the Engineering Design Center where the software teams are growing most dynamically. We develop aviation solutions using low- and high-level programming languages. We manage Big Data – very large amounts of data extracted from existing power turbine installations. We offer an array of professional challenges for software developers wishing to advance in their skills by combining the newest IT solutions with world-class engineering technologies.
The Aviation Digital team is divided into three main domains. Avionics team is focused on avionics embedded and safety-critical software. Digital Services & Solutions team creates and develops embedded software in the area of devices installed on an aircraft used for real-time data collection. The team also makes applications for flight data post-processing and analytics. DT Services team software developers create solutions for GE Aviation business to optimize aircraft engines fleet management and business processes. All those three teams cooperate to make flying safe, reduce costs of aircraft operations and create user-friendly solutions for the whole aviation industry.