We are seeking web developers to join our growing product development team. As a developer, you will be building web apps and services, refactoring existing code, and making sure code maintains a high level of test coverage.
As a member of our product development team you will...
• Solve complex problems in the global risk management space leveraging existing technologies as well
as through the discovery of new technologies.
• Demonstrate strong collaboration skills as you work with our product management, subject matter
experts, engineering, and design teams.
• Work in an agile scrum environment handling projects from estimation through the full development
• Collaborate with your peers to make the best design and technical decisions and drive adoption of best
practices and standards on the project teams you work on.
• Experience with web and service development, and familiarity with concepts like MVC.
• Experience with object-oriented design and languages such as C#, C++ and Java.
• Understanding of unit testing, dependency injection and mocking.
• Understanding of HTML and CSS.
• Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and writing acceptance tests.
• Experience working with relational data (currently we use SQL).
• Bachelor's degree or higher is preferred or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience working with distributed teams.
• Proven ability to be a self-starter with possible past positions focused on leadership.
Get your Geek on Chatham Financial!
At Chatham Financial
, we're committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and leadership growth. And yes, we know for most developers the word "financial" often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy).
Don't fret. Working here is a unique experience.
• Our office space is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. An open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team collaboration.
• Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It's an opportunity not only for a break from the "day-to-day," but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our
company and clients.
• Our four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world's largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
• Competitive salary based on experience. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
• And leave the tie at home. We don't believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.
For more information about Chatham Financial and our technology platform, please visit our website athttp://www.chathamfinancial.eu/expertise/technology-platform/