growing even bigger, we are looking for more developers who Dream Big without being bigheaded, who like Big Things and have the ability to see the Big Picture, and are able to work in the Cloud without having their head in the clouds.
- Create new Cloud-based and Big Data-related projects, from conception to deployment in the production environment.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Cooperate with other departments on all aspects of the project (features, design, UX).
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Stay abreast of best trends by researching new tools, prototyping solutions, as well as enhancing and further developing existing ones. Having fun, big-time.
- 4+ years in web development.
- Mastery in PHP5 and OOP practices.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment process (git-flow, CI).
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Ability to easily communicate in English. Pluses:
- Experience with Data Warehouses.
- Experience in working with AWS.
- Experience in PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch or NoSQL databases.
- Experience in frameworks like Laravel 5, Symfony 2, AngularJS, NodeJS etc.
- Experience in Java, Scala or Clojure.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A competitive salary and a great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package, should you need one, as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- A gamer's paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
GOG.com: ALL THAT IS GOOD IN GAMING
.com you'll become a part of a team unlike most. You'll find yourself among people passionate about gaming, popular culture, and technology. We believe that a relaxed work environment and direct communication between co-workers creates a working atmosphere that inspires creativity and keeps everyday tasks fun. We're all professionals who seek to excel in their respective fields and tend to exceed the expectations while doing their jobs, but that never stops us from enjoying ourselves. Our company philosophy often goes against the flow of the corporate culture, just as much as GOG
.com itself stands up to the disputable trends of modern gaming industry!Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."
How to apply
Does this sound like the perfect job opening for you? Submit your CV in English and a few code samples through this link: http://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=a484d48cb7c84b6aa1c1296d6543c44c