We are The Online Service Technology team of the 3000-strong group. As part of our continued growth and commitment to being one of the largest private sector employers in Leeds, we're creating a brand new team and transitioning the current Online Service Estate from London to Leeds.
WymaganiaWhat you will do:
As a Software Engineer you will actively participate in the agile development of Web Applications and Portals to support the Online Service business objectives. You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions and implementations meeting and exceeding customer experience and usability requirements. You will deliver rich Internet applications (RIA) in an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
We're looking for passionate and engaged people who want to hit the ground running in this fast-paced, exciting new team. What we expect from you:
- knowledge of Ruby and Java (or willing to learn Ruby),
- willing to pair program and learn new programming languages and technologies,
- experience with XP principles such as pair programming, CI, and TD
- experience in developing commercial websites using technologies like Java and Ruby,
- experience of OO development and design patterns,
- knowledge of written and spoken English,
- work in the office in Leeds, UK.
What we offer you:
- training and bootcamp's to candidates willing to learn and develop within Ruby,
- free TV+HD premium package,
- pension Scheme,
- private Health Care,
- share Save Scheme together with a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings,
- salary between 40 000 – 55 000 GBP.