For our client who provides and integrates software, system and service solutions to service providers delivering connected services for connected lives with unique combination of broadcast and broadband expertise we are looking for
SYSTEM & DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
• Identifying database requirements by interviewing CVS customers; analyzing applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and redesigning proposed systems.
• Architectural design; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up and recovery specifications.
• Measuring and providing database performance improvements
• Analytical skills in determining design and implementation; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
• Performing database administration duties, including installation, patching, backup and recovery management, space management, schema management, startup and shutdown.
• Supporting database functions by designing and coding utilities.
• RHEL and Ubuntu OS maintenance and updates
• VMware management and maintenance – day to day management and maintenance of vSphere servers and VMs.
• Monitoring - prepare and maintain monitoring/alerting (NetCool, Big Brother, Nagios email alerts). This would involve automating all of these procedures and tying them into TWC general processes as well as keeping all of these packages upated
• Network troubleshooting - troubleshoot network access issues.
• General troubleshooting – aid support and installation teams in troubleshooting problems encountered in the field with the servers
• Server health - daily manual run through of the servers to gather some simple stats including: loads on all of the app servers, disk usage, and the health of the box monitoring tools
• Preparing users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
• Providing information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Work with existing staff, consultants, vendors and clients in an effective manner
• Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor's degree with focus on Computer Science and 5 years equivalent experience is required or Master's degree with focus on computer Science and 2 years equivalent experience is required.
• Knowledge of MySQL and Percona or PostgreSQL recovery tools and utilities and MySQL and Percona or PostgreSQL enterprise management tools and utilities
• Database Performance Tuning,
• Database Security
• Promoting Process Improvement
• Problem Solving
• Presenting Technical Information
• Database Management
• Data Maintenance
• RHEL & Ubuntu Operating Systems
• Information Security Policies
• Basic VMware experience- Creating, managing and maintaining vSphere servers and virtual machines
• Experience in configuring and managing the following services: DNS, syslog and log rotate, firewall rules, Big Brother/xymon, snmp, cron, Apache, Nginx, TFTP, etc.
• Experience with Bash, Perl, Python or other scripting languages
If interested please send your CV via emial