With more than 70 years of experience in the dry bulk segment, Klaveness operates close to 135 vessels through offices in Oslo, Singapore, Manila, Shanghai and Dubai with around 175 employees onshore and close to 650 seafarers. More information about our company and our activities on www.klaveness.com.
Klaveness is quickly advancing its journey of data-driven decision making and automating business processes. We have created a set of applications for wider use in the shipping industry. We now further advance our digital capabilities to facilitate the company’s transformation and deploy new offerings to our customers.
We are looking for a developer with strong back-end focus to be part of and strengthen the IT & Development team in Oslo. You will get the opportunity to adopt, tweak and lead the development of our data platform to create and develop exciting and forward-thinking solutions.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Understand which data are needed and source them
- Dig into source systems and combine data with SQL
- Build collectors and pipelines that process, qualifies and stores the data
- Expose the data through tailored APIs or relevant interfaces
- Solve domain problems
- Improve and manage our Azure integrations and infrastructure partner relation
As part of the IT & Development team in Oslo you will work closely with a growing number of data scientists, business analysts, IT domain experts, and the development team in Klaveness Digital. You will be entitled and trusted with a wide range of tasks. Developing, managing, architecting and coding will be part of your daily routine and traditional specifications are nowhere to be found. You will be instrumental in defining our relation to our infrastructure partner(s) and build routines that enable the IT & Development team to operate our data platform and services as effortless as possible. We expect that you collect and build knowledge of your field of expertise, the shipping industry, and the Klaveness customer offerings.
How we work:
Klaveness is technology agnostic, but fancy open over closed source, managed cloud services over ‘bare metal’ and security trumps release speed. Microservices and pipelines are today mostly greenfield projects and you are entitled to select the best technology and methods for the job. We work in close cooperation with the Klaveness Digital team that develops SaaS-services in Scala and React/Redux stack and deployed to a multitenant Kubernetes cluster.
The team process is modern. The most important to us is that the process methodology is not generating a large overhead and that there are plenty of room for feedback from the team members.
This is you:
- BSc., MSc. or solid experience within the relevant field
- A drive to develop your current, and learn new skills
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with the development team as well as to the domain experts in the company
- Passion for establishing and improving development processes
- Experience with developing JSON APIs for single page applications
- Experience with data pipelines
- Experience with centralized logging and metric based monitoring
- Experience with working with continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with public cloud and beneficially Azure
We can offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Good opportunities for personal and professional development
- Being part of transforming a conventional global industry
- Work in an experienced team
- A good working environment in modern offices at Vækerø in Oslo.
If you have any questions, please contact Marius Lugg at First Engineers: [email protected]