Are you a self-starter who's always eager to take on new challenges? Do you have a good taste of a bad spot?
At WATTx, we are testing our Senior Software Engineer to join our ranks. As at the WATTx remote, you will be a part of the Engineering Team, responsible for the core team in Berlin. Engineering culture at WATTx has been shaped around user-centric design and agile software development. We work in autonomous teams, value pragmatism over idealism, simplicity over complexity and technological agnosticism over fundamentalism.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical design and implementation of the product
- Contributing to planning and specifying the product roadmap
- Close collaboration with the founders, engineers, researchers, venture developers, data specialists and HR specialists
- Regular and proactive communication with the team via email, Slack and other relevant tools
What you need to start your mission:
- 5 years of experience in designing and building complex software systems
- Deep knowledge about software design patterns and antipatterns
- 5 years of experience with one of the following languages: Golang, Ruby, Python
- 3 years of experience working on real-time data processing, knowledge of TImcaleDB, InfluxDB or VoltDB is a plus
- Extensive experience designing and writing automated test suites
- Experience designing or operating distributed systems
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technology
- Experience performing code reviews and a pair of other software engineers
- Experience working in remote positions without close supervision
- Proactive communication and excellent teamwork skills
- Comfort in learning and using digital tools (eg Slack, Trello)
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Self-motivation to deliver projects on agreed deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing software for embedded platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes
- DevOps skills
What We offer:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Ownership over your projects and an empowered working environment.
- Continuous cooperation with the team in Berlin
- Possibility to participate in Monthly hackathons
WATTx is a new kind of company on the internet. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience, designers, venture developers, and strategists. We identify opportunities and areas of research and ideation sessions. Solutions that are prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners.
We believe in giving and investing in talented people and ambitious projects. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future. Jolt is a foster of knowledge sharing, diversity and inclusion in techno and Voltage to incubate early-stage teams.