itMatch is an employment service provider that facilitates the smooth transition of new IT companies that want to break into the Polish market. We believe that our expertise and constant adaptation to the ever changing requirements of the industry make us the leader in this field. Our team has a wealth of experience in the IT recruitment industry, being familiar with the local market and its trends.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to be an employee of Ocado Technology in Krakow, Poland
As a Data Engineer in Ocado Smart Platform, you will be responsible for expanding and optimising our cloud base Data Lake architecture. In this position, your responsibilities will include designing and building data marts to serve specific business lines, creating best practises and defining data processing strategies for the whole company. This gives you the unique opportunity to work with, and influence, how state of the art technologies provided by Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, DataFlow, Cloud Storage) will evolve - the same that Google is using internally to process extreme amounts of data.
You will be responsible not only for development, maintenance and support of scalable and well monitored data processing workflows but also creating toolkits which help all Ocado teams to enable data driven smartness in the products.
You will work with an exceptional team of engineers, as well as a product owner to identify and scope projects, plan those projects and effectively communicate advanced technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences. You will be an advocate of a Data Driven Company paradigm and will be able to evangelize others about data processing best practices and share the knowledge. You will have a chance to work in cross team squads to deliver specific features and remove blockers to launching new clients.
We are looking for people who are experts and get things done by using their smarts and whatever tools make sense to get the job done. People who love to stand on the shoulders of giants to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
Desired skills & competencies
● Ability to write and optimise SQL queries
● Strong knowledge of Java
● Extensive knowledge of databases and best engineering practices
● Data structuring and design skills
● Strong knowledge of distributed computing
● Previous experience working within the Map-Reduce programming model (e.g., Hadoop), Spark or Google DataFlow
● Previous experience working with data sets measured in terabytes
● Knowledge of data warehousing principles
● Be passionate about Big Data
● Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, BigQuery, DataFlow, DataProc, Cloud Storage)
● Experience in A/B testing
● Good understanding of data protection issues
● Able to explore new technology, strong innovation skills
● Good communication skills
● Able to assess strengths and weaknesses of technology or approaches and communicate their best application
● Able to operate independently towards goals
● Able to coordinate well with other teams
● Permanent Contract
● Multi Sport Card
● Medical Insurance
● Life assurance
● Lunch Vouchers
● Training and Development opportunities - that includes opportunity to participate in BigData conferences around the world
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.