As a modern and innovative company we are able to give you an opportunity to develop and broaden your experience by working with professionals and experts. You will experience a friendly atmosphere and challenging tasks ruling out routine. We guarantee flexible working hours and remuneration adequate to your engagement and results.
As a Senior Developer you will work on a system that decides which advert to display to a user any time he enters any website in the world. It translates into making over a million decisions per second, each one in less than 10ms.
As a technology driven company we will give you a chance to become more familiar with many IT advancements: Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis, Gerrit, Jenkins, Puppet, Lighttpd, Nginx, HaProxy, Java, C, C++, Python, Scala.
- working on improving a large, high speed internet based system key to our business
- technical leadership and mentoring for the rest of the development team
- ensuring that tools and processes which are needed to ensure system quality are in place whilst those tools or processes which are getting in the way of delivering high quality code as quickly as reasonable are identified and replaced or removed
- leading refactoring efforts, proposing, analyzing and vetting architectural changes, code reviews and transferring knowledge to team members
- supporting the Project Manager and operations team in developing plans to improve existing functionality and deploy new functions
Successfull candidate will have:
- experience of working in large / high capacity / very high transaction rate / highly efficient systems
- very good knowledge of and practical experience in Scala programming
- good skills and experience in Java programming
- at least one year experience working in Agile development environment
- experience in code refactoring
- TDD and/or BDD experience
- PaaS experience
- knowledge of NoSQL databases
- some skills in C and C++ programming
- knowledge of Hadoop / MapReduce
- knowledge of REST interfaces, Big Data
- some experience of working with open source or public IaaS technologies (Amazon / Eucalyptus / OpenStack, etc.)