You have 7+ years of project management under your belt in the tech industry. A plus if you are a certified Product Owner or SCRUM Master (we use a custom SDLC). You love building close relationships with clients, and are able to keep a team of engineers on task, on time, and under budget. You are flexible, agile and have passion for working with engineers, designers, and other project managers to schedule and run projects that ultimately create sites used by millions of people each day. You have a way of translating business goals into priorities, and can easily facilitate/run a meeting on time. You have a head for details and a good mixture of planning, risk taking and a "get-it-done" attitude. You value the open source community and want to give back to it. You can clearly explain your ideas to clients and other team members both verbally and in writing. Most of all, you're not a jerk: you like to have fun and work with a small team! You play well with others, and aren't afraid to ask smart questions.
What you'll do
You will work with our Senior Team, clients and professional services team. You will manage projects and site builds for a myriad of different clients. You will be running kickoff meetings, you will oversee projects from the very beginning, helping to scope, organize and plan projects, through to their completion. You will represent the I.F. team to the client, and will represent the client's needs internally, working to keep both our engineers and the client's team on schedule and on budget. This is a fun, fast-paced job, and no two days will be the same.
· You must either be a US Citizen or already have a Green Card to apply
· Minimum seven years experience project managing teams engaged in designing and developing software, websites or applications
· Experience being primary client contact, responsible for client satisfaction throughout projects
· Experience with team communication tools such as GoToMeeting, Basecamp and Slack
· Experience project planning, including establishing and meeting key milestones and budgets
· Experience analyzing user and website data and using analytics to drive design and create authority as the "internal client" for I.F.'s creative director, user interface designer, developers, and testers
· Experience running senior and executive team meetings, as well as client sprint reviews and internal scrums/weeklies and communicate via clear, regular status reports
· Experience managing project budgets and notifying/mitigating when costs begin trending higher than expected
· Experience predicting and monitoring risks for large, complex project with multiple internal and external stakeholders
· Has participated in post mortems (internal team) and client satisfaction efforts to continually improve process and satisfaction