• Developing the service-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform
• Mastering state-of-the-art technologies in complex business domain
• Solving challenging problems in elegant ways
• Sharing knowledge across whole Neo development community
• Taking pride in the quality of delivered software and solutions
The Neo Team is enabling other development teams to provide their solutions inside integrated platform called Neo. The UBS Neo is our leading project that intends to replace all client facing systems with one modern and technically advanced solution. Neo is designed as microservice ecosystem with state-of-the-art technologies composed into one multifunctional portal.
In process of growing the Neo Team in Wroclaw we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer mastering Java and related tools. As a member of the highly skilled Agile team, which has already proved its value within organization, you will be responsible for development of the service layer of this on-line trading application in collaboration with the Business, Client-Side Developers, QAs and UX professionals.
Your experience and skills
• Experience with Java multithreading/concurrency libraries and techniques
• Experience with web services (RESTful and SOAP)
• Experience with modern development tools and systems (ideally Git, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus)
• Expertise in generic computing science including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• Expertise in Java 7/8 language, libraries and tools
• Clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem solving ability
• Knowledge of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
• Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
• Knowledge of highly scaling messaging systems
• Fluency in automated testing techniques and frameworks
• Experience in working with search engines (like Elasticsearch, Attivio)
• Experience profiling and performance tuning code
• Experience with cloud computing, virtualization, distributed data and computing platforms
• Knowledge in principles of good REST API design
• Interest in working with NoSQL data stores (like Cassandra, Redis
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.