upgrading of the backup environment. Applies the necessary technical expertise to
adequately sustain and implement backup systems. Assist and support other IT team
members in backup systems planning and maintaining.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates and communicates with peers, customers and leaders of the health,
capacity, patch level and overall status of systems;
- Provides technical recommendations and solutions for how to meet business
- Develop and maintain backup reports in order to satisfy audit requirements;
- Research and identify industry trends in the storage and backup space, leveraging
new ideas to improve the service;
- Provides level 2 or 3 support;
- Backup/Recovery capacity planning and license management;
- Maintain and develop new standards for technical backup and recovery procedures
for all sites;
- Makes recommendations for backup/recovery based on research in support of
- Assists with business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Knowledge and Background:
- University degree in Information Technology or Computer Science;
Minimum 2 years of IT experience;
- Knowledge of storage backup systems and architecture, preferable from Symantec
- Good understanding of high-availability and disaster recovery;
- Knowledge of storage hardware technologies. EMC storage, Symantec appliances,
Dell tape libraries are preferred;
- The ability to automate operations using scripting languages (e.g PowerShell);
- Understanding of iSCSI and Fiber Chanel infrastructure;
- Communicative English skills.
[email protected] putting position name in the e-mail subject.