Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent function that supports UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key business processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all UBS Divisions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Risk Committee.
GIA's structure consists of divisional and functional audit teams throughout the world, reflecting UBS's business structure. We are looking for outstanding professionals to join our growing GIA team in Krakow. As Internal IT Auditor, you will gain insight into a wide variety of IT processes and disciplines and leverage your knowledge to perform audits in UBS Group Technology.
The role is located in the UBS office in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park) and will likely require up to 20% travel.
We're looking for someone who will:
• Work as a team member on regional and global audits. Audits may cover a wide range of technology topics, including vulnerability and patch management, intrusion detection and incident response, data protection, logging and monitoring, change and release management, identity management and access control, IT governance, technical IT Infrastructure, as well as application controls designed to mitigate business risks
• Identify and assess operational and emerging risks relevant to the IT functions and technology risks assumed by the business, identify mitigating controls and control gaps, assess the controls' design and operating effectiveness as well as the impact of control deficiencies
• Document and communicate audit issues, root causes and risks, and provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified
• Review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks
Your experience and skills
• University degree, preferably IT or similar
• Several years of relevant experience in IT audit (external or internal), technology or internal control areas, with a strong understanding of audit methodology or understanding of risk preferably within the financial industry or professional services firms
• Strong analytical skills, a proven ability to challenge the status quo and a willingness to keep up with technological and financial industry developments
• Ability to prioritize and balance your own workload, strong time management skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent academic and professional track record preferably within the financial industry or professional services firms
• Good understanding of financial markets, operational aspects, as well as process flows within and between banks / counterparts
• Flexible and committed team player willing to occasionally travel to other UBS locations in Europe for audit assignments
• Fluent in English both spoken and written with the ability to communicate impactfully with senior stakeholders
• CISA, CRISC or CISM certified (or similar) or willingness to obtain certification
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers