The SQL Server Database Developer is a specialist role within our database team. The person in this role with work very closely with the software development teams and will focus on TSQL development, Data Migrations, Schema Design (both new and legacy) and in support of software and business needs.
This is a highly collaborative, hands-on role with interactions throughout the software development organization on a regular basis. This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to navigate technical and organizational challenges with minimal direction.
- Develop expert level knowledge of specific lines of business within Chatham
- Consistently strive for high quality database solutions and exhibit a strong sense of ownership
- Develop and optimize stored procedures, functions, and triggers using T-SQL
- Identify, prioritize and communicate issues with regards to bugs and performance at the database tier
- Review and modify new and existing stored procedures to enhance performance while learning from and sharing knowledge with others
- Assist in the logical design of relational database schemas
- Participate in multiple high priority projects simultaneously while interacting with peers to make the best technical decisions
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide some off-hour support for production and development database environments as needed
Desired Technical Skills:
- Expert level T-SQL development skills
- Expert level relational database design skills (Entity Relationships, Constraints, Primary and Foreign Keys, Defaults, Triggers)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with OR/M
- General understanding of object oriented software architecture, design, and implementation
- General understanding of programming techniques and practices
At Chatham Financial, we're committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and growth. And yes, we know for many the word "financial" often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy). Don't fret. Working here is a unique experience.
• Our office is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. No offices, an open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, standup desk option, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team collaboration. Good coffee, the ping pong table and relax areas help too.
• Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It's an opportunity not only for a break from the "day-to-day," but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
• Our four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world's largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
• Competitive salary. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
• And leave the tie at home! We don't believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.