Our Engineering group is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining our core application platform services and infrastructure components that are relied on to deliver our SaaS products. Infrastructure automation and configuration management is a critical function within our Engineering group. You will be responsible for building tools, creating and tuning processes, integrating open source components, and working with all teams within our Technology group to deliver our software faster, with higher quality and better insight across our entire application stack.
Excellent candidates will be well rounded individuals, with an ability to learn quickly. Candidates should be highly motivated self-starters with a passion for developing high quality software. Accordingly, strong technical and logical thinking skills are essential. Good written and verbal communication skills are required, as developers must interact with other team members in various departments. Excellent object-oriented programming skills, problem solving abilities and attention to detail are a must.
Ideally you will have some, or most, of the following qualifications, but more importantly you have the desire, drive and ability to learn and become a key contributor in these areas:
• Expert scripting and development in your preferred language
• Experience with systems and IT operations in a hybrid Windows/Linux server environment
• Experience with systems monitoring and application performance tools
• Ability to demonstrate effective and open communication and collaboration
• Experience building tools and processes around continuous integration pipelines
• Strong grasp of continuous delivery principles and processes
• Experience working with a variety of open source technologies and tools (e.g. ElasticSearch, HAProxy, GrayLog, Redis, Graphite, etc.)
• Strong grasp of automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, etc.)
• Experience with large scale deployments in a service-oriented architecture
• Experience with automation in a Windows/.NET environment
• Experience with hybrid cloud architectures and environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.)
O Chatham Financial
At Chatham Financial, we're committed to making a positive impact for our clients and markets, communities, and each other. That starts with hiring people who demonstrate intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a desire for collaboration and growth. And yes, we know for many the word "financial" often conjures images of horror (e.g., suits and ties, cubicle farms, siloed teams, layers of creativity-killing bureaucracy). Don't fret. Working here is a unique experience.
• Our office is designed to foster creativity and a collaborative spirit. No offices, an open floor plan with numerous gathering spaces, standup desk option, and plenty of whiteboards encourage communication and cross-team collaboration. Good coffee, the ping pong table and relax areas help too.
• Quarterly Hack Weeks in which teams and individuals pitch new product concepts and technology improvements similar to a startup weekend. Teams form around approved projects and in one week we take ideas from concept to functional prototypes (and sometimes further). It's an opportunity not only for a break from the "day-to-day," but also to have your ideas heard and given the chance to impact our company and clients.
• Our four-tiered – and expanding – product offering is built on a common platform that serves the world's largest financial markets. You will have an immediate impact in shaping risk management products used by over 1,200 businesses worldwide.
• Competitive salary. Our hiring process in selecting team- and values-oriented individuals who show a desire to be industry leaders results in an incredibly low turnover rate.
• And leave the tie at home! We don't believe outfits demonstrate how smart you are. We encourage a casual-attire environment.