Are you a master of Oracle and PL/SQL? Are you passionate about database development, modelling and performance? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– develop the database-layer of a large-scale rich internet platform in collaboration with business analysts, web developers and quality assurance (QA) professionals
– keep a sharp focus on database design, security and performance
– share knowledge across the whole development community
– take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services (this is what drives you)
You'll be working in the Banker Portal Mobile team in Wroclaw. Our role is to build the next-generation web application for UBS's Investment Banking business, accessible through both mobile and desktop platforms.
We help by presenting mission-critical franchise data rapidly and intuitively to bankers, allowing them to build client relationships, identify business opportunities, manage deals and track financial performance.
Your experience and skills
– excellent knowledge of Oracle 11gR2 PL/SQL and SQL (including analytic functions)
– exposure to multiple Oracle databases and applications through working for several companies as a full-time Oracle database developer
– expertise with real-time applications to deliver complex result sets within sub-second response times
– experience of data modelling a new application, and extending an existing application
– the ability to articulate data modelling concepts and explain their application to address design requirements
– a very clear understanding of which Oracle features can, and should be leveraged for any given design challenge
– an understanding why design choices directly influence resilience and performance, taking into account Oracle's capabilities and weaknesses
– PL/SQL skills which are second to none, particularly around dynamic SQL, database objects, and performance-enhancing features from successive Oracle versions
– proficiency in identifying sub-optimal database operations using an analytical approach to remediate issues (e.g. via query plan analysis, PL/SQL debugger, SQL tracing, etc.)
– adaptable, able to work across teams, functions and applications
– enthusiastic, self-motivated and client-focused
– analytical and methodical, using evidence to solve problems
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.