Would you like to be responsible for designing and implementing tools and products such as WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss application servers to automate the setup and operation of Web Platforms on different operating systems? Do you want to work with different user registries and security systems and integrate web applications?
We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
- Develop Perl/Bash based tooling and product based installation scripts
- Provide in-depth knowledge for installing, configuring and operating Tomcat and Apache
- Offer good knowledge in Perl/Jython scripting to allow modification of Tomcat configuration
- Create and maintain shell scripts and Ant scripts for automating platform setup and application deployment
- Provide support for tracing and analyzing defective applications (in development and test)
- Suggest changes for enhancement to the tools, workflow, process and reporting
You'll be working in Wroclaw as part of the Core Engineering Infrastructure Group. As a Web Product Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementing tools and products to automate the setup and operation of Web Platforms on different operating systems and with varying configurations. These products include WebSphere, Tomcat and JBoss application servers which need to be integrated into the banks infrastructure as well as the tooling that allows the installation and application deployment into those. You will be also relied upon for debugging and root cause investigations on the interface between the web platform (container, security integration, user registry) and the application in cases where deep product or tooling knowledge is required.
Your experience and skills
– Expert knowledge in Tomcat, Apache and Perl/Bash.
– Good knowledge of Scripting (bash, Perl, Jython)
– Good knowledge of Unix (RHEL, Solaris x86 / SPARC)
– Good project management and mentoring skills
– Working knowledge of surrounding development tools (Subversion, Maven, ANT, GIT)
– Working knowledge on building RPMs for RHEL
– Working knowledge of IT infrastructure including virtualizations and Storage concepts
– educated to a University degree or equivalent
– fluent in English
– Familiar with puppet
– Familiar with JIRA or Confluence
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Take the next step
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now on www.ubs.com/polandcareers
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce