Are you a tech expert who enjoys guiding others and sharing knowledge? Do you like to be involved in collaboration with business stakeholders? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- have oversight of development team based in Kraków
- lead efforts of development teams by example towards completion of deliverables (that includes extensive collaboration with business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders)
- work closely with your colleagues in London and other UBS locations, as well as your business stakeholders, to understand the business requirements and the overall program context and ensure that deliveries align to program objectives and timescales
- collaborate with your team to build on some of the components of Ops IT's strategic Shared Data architecture
- be hands on, providing technical leadership and being deeply involved in analysis and implementation
- create new and improve existing process in terms of design and performance
- introduce continuous improvement culture within development team
You'll be leading the team supporting strategic solutions for Group Operations IT that is located in Zabierzów, Krakow Business Park. As a team we look after strategic reporting solutions in collaboration with professionals all around the world. We are working on a green-field data centric project that will automate exchange of information between UBS and external counterparties and regulators.
Your experience and skills
– strong technical knowledge of Data warehousing, Oracle (including processing of XMLs), Linux and shell scripting and data modelling
– good experience with Quality Assurance tools and methods
– ability to Interact with business stakeholders and product backlog owners to understand their requirements
– a proven track record of delivering software projects to demanding product owners (ideally gained in an Agile environment)
– knowledge and experience of analytical best practices and techniques (e.g. experience with techniques such as Spec By Example)
– experience of building front to back risk dashboards, understanding key operational risk metrics, post trade controls and familiarity with the regulatory reporting environment (beneficial)
– experience of working in a global IT organization within financial services (beneficial)
– a leader
– a person with good communication and influencing skills
– a problem solver
– a very good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.