Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for talented engineers and web scraping gurus to help us:
– develop new web harvesters and maintain existing ones
– technically analyze web pages and their underlying technologies
– investigate data issues and statistical anomalies of harvested data
– work with New York analysts and fellow team members to review new and existing requirements
You'll be working in the UBS Research Team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park) who are in the process of building a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this capability is the ability to systematically gather, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data about the companies and markets that we do research on. Our role is to build, design, and experiment with next generation web harvesting techniques (e.g. generic web harvesting, NLP based web harvesting, statistically based data analysis, etc.) in collaboration with regional Evidence Lab and Research Teams to launch new primary research data gathering and analysis solutions.
Your experience and skills
– 3+ years of web development experience (solving web scraping or search challenges would be of additional value)
– 2+ years of database experience (data modelling, cleansing and analysis experience would be an asset)
– 2+ years in Python, C#, Java, or a comparable language
– knowledge of Browser-Web Server interaction including DNS, HTTP, SSL, GET vs POST (additionally, administration or creation of Web Servers IIS,Tomcat or Web Services)
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation, and abstract, ill-defined problems solutions
– a pioneer of emerging code and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– fluent in English (it would be great if you also speak another language)
– able to self-manage and prioritize workload
– a great communicator
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now.