Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions? We're looking for someone like that who can:
– produce extremely accurate data quality procedures and results for research projects
– collaborate across business units, providing thought leadership and driving day-to-day implementation of the analytics strategy
– communicate with Evidence Lab and Research Teams on data quality project results
– assist and participate in the design of systems to automate data quality processes
– maintain data quality logs and statistical results for each set of results
You'll be working in the UBS Research Team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park) who are in the process of building a street-leading primary research platform called Evidence Lab. At the heart of this capability is the ability to systematically gather, cleanse, structure and analyze primary data about the companies and markets that we do research on. The Data Quality Team will play a critical role in the overall Evidence Lab Team and you as the Data Quality Analyst will be responsible for the data quality captured from web sites including but not limited to online price data and online hiring information, geospatial information and market research results. You will collaborate with regional Evidence Lab and Research teams to ensure the data quality is robust and accurate for data analysis. Over time you will perform more analysis of the results as automation techniques are applied to the data quality process.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in Computer Science or Statistics or related engineering or technical fields
– 3-5 years of experience in a data-oriented role
– significant experience with data quality processes (experience of ETL tools such as Infomatica and business intelligence tools such as Business Objects and/or Cognos as well as data visualization tools such as Qlikview or Spotfire would be an asset)
– strong technical data skills, including knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access and very strong SQL skills (VBA coding preferred)
– an adept project manager, with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects (juggling comes naturally to you)
– a strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing with leadership and project management skills
– process and detail-oriented
– fluent in English
What we offer
UBS offers talented individuals around the world a challenging, diverse and supportive working environment in which passion, commitment and hard work are valued and rewarded.
Fitting in at UBS means being passionate and motivated about what you do. If you like collaborating, are used to challenging others and being challenged in return, then you have the right attitude to thrive in our environment. Want to become part of our team? Apply now.