Akamai's Web Experience Business Unit is seeking Software Engineers for the development of an important new product capability. These positions are forming a new engineering team in Akamai's Krakow office. Individuals in these roles will do design, implementation, and support of software in a collaborative, modern environment. The new product capability will enable customers to see the value Akamai brings to their web presences every day, by:
Providing intuitive, self-service interface for managing configuration details
Collecting and analyzing performance metrics, characteristics, and signatures of customers' Internet traffic.
Creating powerful, intuitive visualizations of customer data.
Building an automated framework where Akamai can diagnose and recommend improvements to customer configurations.
The expected technologies in support of this vision will include microservices architecture, advanced User Interfaces and Big Data Systems.
This is an exciting new initiative in the Krakow location and we are looking for top engineers with a passion for delivery to fill out the team.
* Software architecture, design, and implementation of Web Applications and Services.
* Full-stack software development: front-end and back-end, in a system-oriented environment
* Execution in a multi-disciplined environment, including other engineering teams, QA, and Product Management.
* Maintenance and support of existing applications and services.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Web Application and Services Development experience, including material, demonstrable use of most of the following:
* Java and Java Enterprise Edition
* Back-end relational databases such as Oracle
* Linux/Unix environments
* Ability to deploy, support, debug complex applications in a system-oriented environment
* Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
* Passion to understand, learn, and utilize new technologies.
* Can-do, positive attitude. Desired Qualifications:
* Experience in Java/Web Application design patterns and frameworks, such as MVC, Struts, Spring, or Hibernate.
* Experience with a modern front-end application framework such as Angular.js.
* Experience developing Web Services using REST principles and patterns.
* Familiarity of Internet protocols and concepts (IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS).
* Exposure to Agile methodologies and best practices.
Please add to your CV the statement below:
„Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji obecnych jak i przyszłych procesów rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (tekst jednolity: Dz.U.2014r. poz.1182)."